Expert Tile Roof Repair
It all starts with a free inspection!
The first step in a successful roof repair is a detailed inspection to get an accurate scope of work to be done. Our highly trained technician will:
- Visually inspect and photodocument the interior water damage from inside the house. This will tell him which area of the attic must be surveyed.
- Visually inspect and photodocument the underside of the roof from the attic. The plywood “decking” (or “sheathing”) will usually be discolored at the point where the water is getting in. The technician will then gather rough measurements of the problem area and inspect the wood to determine whether it has become rotten and is in need of replacement during the repair.
- Visually inspect and photodocument the roof from the roof. Based on the location of the water mark he noted in the attic, he will inspect the tile roof looking for the point of intrusion so he may determine an accurate scope of repair. He will focus on penetrations such as:
- Plumbing Stacks
- These are areas more prone to roof leak than an uninterrupted slope of “field tile.” He will also pay special attention to:
- Pitch changes (between main roof and patio flat roof, etc.)
- Wall flashings
These are all critical vulnerable areas that are much more likely to fail because of the way water hits them during storm events.
- Prepare a detailed estimate of cost and estimated roof repair completion date for your review.